Monday, July 25, 2011

Games, Games, Games

I have been busy, busy, busy, creating games.  I wish that I could take credit for all these wonderful games, but I found many of them from a variety of websites.  These games go along with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study (NCSCOS) Goal 1.  This goal focuses on numeracy. 

One of my favorite games that I discovered last year is Crazy Card.  I created cards for this - check it out for free on my TpT site: Crazy Card

Here are a few links to some of the games I found:
Addition and Subtraction games - this site was also worth viewing for other resources!
Math Tool Kit and Games
Contig - This is a great game.  There is also a junior version!
Many games at this site! - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division!

My favorite math games/centers resource is Evan Moor.
Click on the link to amazon to buy this book.
Amazon

Hope this helps with your quest to differentiate!

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nicole! I found you through another blog and am excited to find a fifth-grade teacher (I teach fourth). So now I am following you (are you just starting out as well?). Last summer was my summer that I created math games. Over at my blog, I recently talked about math workshop as well: http://love4thgrade.blogspot.com/2011/07/math-workshop-for-grades-3-8.html

    Victoria
    love4thgrade.blogspot.com and teachingvision.org

    ReplyDelete

Science Workshop Series #1: Elements of Workshop

I am currently reading the book "Science Workshop Reading, Writing and Thinking Like a Scientist" By Wendy Saul in hopes to pre...