Sunday, November 25, 2012

Narrative Writing Diamond Freebie


I have been teaching my students to write narratives. Wow! They have some great imaginations. It just takes a little bit to shape their great ideas into stories. So far we've worked on Entertaining Beginnings and Elaborative Details.

I have two resources that I'm currently using to help me with this process:

1. The Most Wonderful Writing Lessons Ever, By Barbara Mariconda. This book goes step by step through the writing diamond and has helped me to get great products out of my students.

2. Empowering Writers Website is an awesome resource too. Here they have a whole narrative writing program you can buy... it is pricey for just one teacher - if you're school is willing to purchase it, it might be worth looking into. However, there are many great resources at the website that you can use that you do not have to pay for.

Here is a link to my TpT store for a freebie. I have typed up the writing diamond so you can put it together on a poster board. Check out mine below:


Good luck putting yours together!

-Nicole

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I'm always looking for new and creative ways to get students writing in an organized way.

    I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my post here: http://joyinthejournney.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing idea. I'm always on the hunt for new and exciting ways to teach my son writing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Science Workshop Series #1: Elements of Workshop

I am currently reading the book "Science Workshop Reading, Writing and Thinking Like a Scientist" By Wendy Saul in hopes to pre...