Sunday, November 20, 2016

Assessing the NGSS Standards

I have been working on some new assessments for my classroom and decided to put them on TpT store so I could share them all with you.

Our school has just officially embraced standards based grading.  We have been using 4-1 (Exceeds, Meets, Partially Meeting, and Does not Meet the standard) for a while, but also gave a corresponding letter grade to go with standards based grades.  The letter grades made it so that no one fully embraced "meeting the standard."  This year we got rid of the letter grades and are changing the mindset of our students, teachers and community.

That is a huge task, even if you're on board.

So I've started slow with the NGSS standards that I am currently teaching.  I've use a template of Marzano's scale and the NGSS standard to create an assessment.

Hope you find this helpful!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Science Workshop Series #1: Elements of Workshop

I am currently reading the book "Science Workshop Reading, Writing and Thinking Like a Scientist" By Wendy Saul in hopes to pre...